Wednesday 14 March 2012

Shabby Clothes

Shabby chic...not
 
Efemera from UK Stampers says: 

"This week your prompt is FASHION
1 What was/is your fashion disaster and what was/is your favourite piece?
2 Use some fabric on your page
3 Use a picture from a magazine"

I really should re-read these prompts before I start work.  Suffice to say, I forgot that I was meant to be using a picture from a magazine.  I think the story behind the page is probably self-evident and the words were still stinging in my ears when I read the fashion prompt.  Like the rest of the country, we've been through a period where cash has been a bit tight and I guess I'd been doing more make do and mend than I realised.  That said, if a young boy gets a tear in the knees of otherwise perfectly serviceable trousers, surely it makes sense to repair the tear, especially if you know for a fact that the next time they play football there is bound to be another scrape and tear?  This is probably the first journal page that made me feel a little sad as I worked on it, but it was cathartic and I'm done with it.

Ingredients for Shabby Clothes
Fashion collage stamp by Tim Holtz for Stampers Anonymous
Distress ink in 'vintage photo'
Letraset Tria markers (used on the stamped image): red R345, green G356, orange O567, yellow Y337, brown O346
Steadtler triplus fineliners: tan, orange, raspberry, green
Recycled cotton sheet fabric

1 comment:

  1. This is brilliant - love the idea and the colours are very vintage

    ReplyDelete