Thursday 1 March 2012

Purple

Grandma

 Wider view of pages

Efemera from UK Stampers says "This week your prompt is COLOUR

1 What is your favourite colour and why?
2 Use this as your main background for your page
3 Add a doodled border to your page"

Grandma was my mother's mother.  Even in her eighties she was one of the most beautiful women in my life.  In her heyday, and standing at 5ft 7ins, she was as graceful and glamourous as any model or film star of that era.  She loved horror movies and the colour purple, and I have inherited both of these traits from her.

I took a photograph of a photograph I have of her.  Since my favourite colours are both purple and green, I chose background paper with both of these represented.  I used a corner punch on the paper and the photograph.  The rose, the wings, the title font and the chain and squares on the opposite page are all stamps.  I stamped these in a light colour and then re-coloured them all with Letraset Tria markers and gel pens.  The leaf doodles to the right of the photographs were hand drawn in the style of the rose and coloured in the same way to maintain consistency.  

The title font is made up of Woodware's Francoise Read "Francoise Alphabet" clear stamps.  I love this font and actually have three sets of the stamps to ensure that I can (nearly always) set up a whole phrase in one stamp, rather than having to stamp the letters indiviudally.  I have used gold dots everywhere, but these have not shown up especially well in the photographs.  As the page was important to me, I used the remainder background paper on the opposite page, onto which I added the poem about Arthur (a photograph of the original script).  To me, these pages honour people whom I have loved and lost.

Ingredients for Purple
DCWV Floral Prints background paper
Photograph of a photograph of Grandma
Woodware rounded corner punch
Stampers Anonymous Tim Holtz angel wings stamp
Hobby Art Surrey Stylised Rose
Distress Ink in "tattered rose"
Woodware Francoise Read "Glasgow Glass Elements" clear stamps
Woodware Francoise Read "Francoise Alphabet" clear stamps
Letraset Metallic marker in gold
Letraset Tria markers: pink O518, purples V528 and V245, greens G136 and G356
Zebra Jimnie gel pen in silver
Gold glitter gel pen (make unknown)
Pentel white gel pen
Staedtler triplus fineliners in dark blue and purple

2 comments:

  1. I love this, it's a very special piece of art x

    ReplyDelete
  2. She was a real beauty Kao, great work :) lainey x

    ReplyDelete