Thursday 5 January 2012

Finished - Knitted bears with patchwork paws

These are both bears (in the mid or Mummy size) from a pattern in 'Knitted Toy Tales' by Laura Long. What I particularly love about these bears is the patchwork detail. The brown one I knitted for my toddler nephew Knox and the green one I knitted for my mother. She chose the orange and gold material for the patches.  I sew the patches on with matching thread first and then embroider around them with embroidery thread or, in the case of Mum's bear, in silk wool (which I picked upin a bargin barrel some time back).

Laura Long's instructions are excellent although I would recommend making sure that your increases/decreases are very tight on this pattern.

Bear for Mum

 Bear for Knox

2 comments:

  1. Wow - how clever of you to be able to knit and your teddies are just adorable! Real teddy bears, each one an original - as opposed to those mass produced furry ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lottie, I am scared by complicated patterns, but toys are quick and fun and make nice gifts. If you haven't tried it and have a long train journey planned, give it a try!

      Delete