Friday 13 January 2012

New Year's Resolution No 1: Eat Veg

New Year's Resolution No 1: Eat Veg

'Eat Veg' is one of my sons' favourite expressions, although I am not sure why.  I never had any difficulty getting either of them to eat fruit, vegetables or salad and don't remember ever saying it to them.  Still, I fancied the idea of putting together some ATCs around the theme of New Year's Resolutions and this was an obvious choice.

I had trouble with this one, as a lot went wrong.  I painted the inks onto a food brochure, as I like to recycle that sort of thing where I can.  I had a few disasters with the stamping, but the wonderful thing about ATC's is that if you have a disaster, you can correct it with the next layer.  The ribbon is recycled and I didn't even have a large enough off-cut of the turquoise pearlescent card to use as a single mount (I had to cut it into strips and match up the edges).

I was going to post this on the second of my new crafting forums that I have recently joined.  This is http://www.ukstampers.co.uk and like http://www.cardmakingparadise.com is populated by some extremely talented and friendly people from all over the place.  However, there might be crossover in membership and I am not sure whether or not it is appropriate netiquette to post the same work on two different sites.  Since I am generally slow about making things, I have taken the view that I am unlikely to spam people, even if they are members of both sites, but if anyone knows of any rules or protocols, I'd be very interested.

Ingredients for New Year's Resolution No 1: Eat Veg
Tim Holtz Collection 'Creative Block' #25 stamp
See-D's 'Tiled Letters and Numbers' stamps
Ink It Up 'Light Chocolate' pigment ink stamp pad
Art-Kure watercolour sketch brush: Yellow
Windsor & Newton inks: Orange, Blue, Aquamarine
Derwent Metallic pencil: Green
Inkssentials Glossy Accents
Papermania brads
Recycled food brochure paper, pearlescent card off-cuts, ATC base, recycled ribbon, ribbon hole punch

3 comments:

  1. Fun ATC, love the threaded ribbon at the top! UK Stampers has a blogging thread each week where you can post to let people know you've added something to your blog and I can't think of any reason anybody would object to you posting the same thing in more than one place. I sometimes post on my blog and then post the picture with minimal supplies details in a gallery elsewhere with a pointer to the relevant blog post in case people want more details - saves repeating content all over the place! The only caveat on that is that it really should be a link to the actual post, not just to your blog's home page address - it's frustrating to click a link well after the fact and not see what you're expecting to see!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angel, thank you for that. I shall have a look at the blog thread. I saw that members are posting to their own galleries, but perhaps members' galleries are being phased out, as it didn't appear possible to create one. I agree how frustrating it is not to be linked to the appropriate page in a blog.

      Delete
  2. Good story to go with your ATC - the rubicon and colours all work really well.

    ReplyDelete