Monday 27 February 2012

2012 Art Journal, Week 6 - Friends

Friends

 Efemera from UK Stampers says:

"This week your prompt word is FRIENDS
1 Who, when where?
2 What is your most memorable 'friend' story?
3 Use some kind of stencil decoration on your page"

The stencilled panel at the top left started this page.  It reminded me of sunshine on grass and an occasion when a friend invited me over to stay in Holland and work on a horse therapy farm for a week.  When I look back, I still see it as a bright gem attached to some very dark cloth.  It enabled me to give some perspective to the events that I was going through at the time.

I wanted the page to be reminiscent of hard work outdoors in bright sunshine, with slightly scorched grass, dry sand schools and slightly skittish horses with snorting noses and warm, dusty flanks.

Ingredients for Friends
Sunflower stencil (origin unknown)
Anita's horse stamp
Blade Rubber Stamps horse stamp
Sunflower stamp (origin unknown)
Distress ink in 'spiced marmalade' and 'vintage photo'
Letraset Tria markers: greens G136 and G356, brown O346, orange O567
Letraset Metallic markers in silver and gold
Zebra Jimnie gel pens in silver and gold

No comments:

Post a Comment