Tuesday 14 February 2012

2012 Art Journal, Week 5 - Perfect Day

Perfect Day

Efemera from UK Stampers had the following to say about Week 5:

"This week's prompt is PERFECT DAY
1 What is/ would be your perfect day?
2 Include a picture on your page
3 Use some stamping on your page"

I like to tone my photographs down a little if I am using them in collage work, as they can appear a bit too bright and "I'm-a-photograph-look-at-me" for journal work or card making.  It really depends on the look you are trying to achieve, but here, I wanted a more vintage effect.  I used Snapseed on the iPad to make the picture of James and Storm "vintage" and the picture of the boys "dramatic".  After printing these out, I used circular and oval punches on them, triming the sides of James and Stormy to be able to fit the keys in.

I was aiming for vintage and can trace the brown and orange colour scheme back to a card of Beanie's on UK Stampers, whilst the lime green contrast colour was a fashion website influence, Escada maybe...all too expensive for my blood, but beautiful to look at.  Having stamped the keys and clocks, I did the main journalling.  I felt the background still wasn't broken up enough, so I stamped various smaller round and oblong stamps among the keys and the journalling.  Then I begun doodling.  I doodled on every part of the page and loved every moment of it.

Ingredients for 2012 Art Journal, Week 5
Moleskine sketch journal
Key, clock and various round and oval stamps from various sources (I'm sorry, I just don't know where any of them came from, there are no markings on them) 
Distress Ink ink pads in "spiced marmalade" and "tattered rose"
Microsoft Paint on the computer, Snapseed photo-editing software on the iPad
Staedtler triplus fineliner sets of pens (colour and pastel): brown, steel, orange and lime green

1 comment:

  1. You do such clever things with your camera - another fabulous journal page

    ReplyDelete